Today, I went to Studio Talk at my Nordstrom MAC counter, and the artist there was Victor C. You can learn about him HERE. I had heard only amazing things about him by many of my friends who are makeup artists for MAC, and I had been told he was Missy Elliot's artist, so I was stoked to go and see what I could learn from him.
Sure enough, when I got there, he verified that he had gone on two tours with Missy, and that he also goes to all sorts of awesome events like ALL the fashion weeks (Milan, LA, NYC, you name it), Sundance, etc. Cool right, but that wasn't even the coolest part- the coolest was that Victor asked me to be his model. I was like UMM HELL YEA! Well okay I didn't say that, but of course I was so freaking happy!
So anyways, this is the look he did, but here are two things you need to know: A), I was in the hot seat the whole time so I didn't write anything down, and B), I took these photos 5 hours after the event, so it's not as good- plus who said I was ever photogenic anyways? :)
Here are few photos and the rest will be at the bottom:
Ok so Victor:
1) Cleansed my face with MAC wipe.
2) Drenched my face with Fix+ to quench my thirsty skin and kind of evened it out with a 187 brush.
3) Used the Oil Control Lotion to moisturize.
4) Used Strobe Cream with 187 brush to luminize the skin.
5) Patted Eye Cream under my eye.
5) Used Prep + Prime with 187 brush to prime.
6) With 109 brush, buffed Studio Fix Fluid Foundation into skin
7) With 224, buffed Select Moisturecover Concealer under eye areas and any blemishes (this brush is ideal because it is so gentle on the sensitive skin under the eye).
8) With 168, set foundation with Mineralize Skin Finish Natural.
9) For blush, he used Pinch Me with 187 (I think)
10) For that dewy, shimmery look, he used the Hush Cream Colour Base and 252 brush around eye, cheek area, in the "inner-v" and anywhere else where a bit of dewy shimmer is desired.
11) Primed eye area with Painterly Paint Pot
*This is where it gets tricky*
12) For the eye area, he basically used the Classic Eyes Palette from the MAC 2008 Holiday Collection. He used the shimmery gold color as the highlight (224), and the light pink just above the crease, on the bone - he said if you're going to do a crazy look, bring it back down to earth by using a couple normal colors-
13) Lined the waterline and under eye area with Minted Eye Kohl Pencil, and took the shimmery green from the Classic Eyes palette and with the 239, smudged the kohl pencil into the green shimmery color, for a color degradation. I think he even applied some of the eyeshadow to the pencil to help the color look gradual.
14) Using BlackTrack fluidline and the 266 brush, he applied thick black liner on the upper lash line, using small strokes inward, towards the lashes (sounds weird, but it makes lining a lot easier).
15) Sketched in the crease and a little above, a black line with BlackTrack. Then took a 219 brush and the black glittery color from the palette to soften the line a little.
16) Did something with my brows - I believe he used an eyeshadow with a liner brush and then brow set in clear.
17) For lashes, used prep+prime lash, waited for it to dry, and dazzlelash mascara on top.
18) For the lips, he used Viva Glam IV (from the Holiday Viva Glam palette) - no lipliner- and Identity, the new sparkly pink lipgloss from the Monogram Collection - a pretty bubble gum color.
So I think that was pretty much it, here are some more detailed photos of the look. I was so impressed by his work, especially this eye look, because it takes some talent to get the lines looking so perfect and uniform!
There was another model done by a regional trainer, who had a more everyday, pretty smokey look using Blanc Type (highlight), Saddle (brow bone), Swiss Chocolate (inner and outer corners) and Beauty Marked (a bit over the Swiss Chocolate). It was so pretty! And for the lips, they used Stripdown l/l, Gell lipstick and Nice Buzz plushglass. She used a sheerspark pressed powder on the face, around the outer area of the eye. It was really beautiful and like I said, ideal for an everyday look.
Anyways, it was so awesome, I'm glad I went and umm I definitely don't want to clean my face tonight! :)
HERE ARE SOME MORE PHOTOS OF THE LOOK BY VICTOR: