Friday, November 6, 2009

Review: Illamasqua Cream Blushers


Another great product brought to you, 20% thanks to Sephora... and 80% thanks to me! :) So...I have been hearing rave after rave about the new British line, Illamasqua, and I figured this would be a great time to try it out.

I selected two cream blushes, Lies and Rude. I have been on a cream blush kick lately, and these are both gorgeous shades. 

Lies is a sheer light pink.
Photobucket



Even though it's fairly pink in the pan, when applied, it kind of reminds me of a slightly pinker version of MAC Porcelain Pink MSF. Here it is applied:

Photobucket

I'm on the paler side (my hand is probably NC20-25 right now), so the pink shows up rather well. However, I imagine that for the darker skin tones, it may just end up looking like a highlighter. It is very buildable though, and the formula allows for a little to go a long way.

Next, Rude is a more intense coral color. 
Photobucket
Like most corals, Rude is a universally-flattering tone, and because of its intensity, it can be applied lightly or heavily depending on the look you want. Just like Lies, I find that a little goes a long way.

Here it is applied fairly lightly:

Photobucket



I honestly am having a hard time finding any thing that I don't like about these blushes. They are everything I expect in a blush: 
-Easy to apply (try a 165 or 187 by MAC)
-Complementary, natural colors
-Soft and blendable for healthy-looking skin
-Decent-sized (slightly less than NARS, but still a good amount)
-Long-wearing

Even the $23 price tag, though not the cheapest, is comparable to blushes from other high end makeup lines, so it's really not a bad deal.

Anyways if you get a chance to check these out, you will likely be pleasantly surprised!

No comments: