Thursday, November 5, 2009

Review: Nars- The Multiple Trio

Photobucket
l to r: Copacabana, Orgasm, South Beach

Thanks to Sephora's F&F sale, I was able to get my hands on this lovely trio of NARS' mini multiples, and I'm excited to share my thoughts and a few swatches with you.

The Multiple is a many products in one compact roll-up stick. It can be used as blush, highlighter, eyeshadow, lipstick- whatever works for you. The set contains three varied colors: Copacabana, a nice soft pink-white; Orgasm, a universally-flattering and best-selling peach with gold sparkles; and South Beach, a buildable bronze. I find that all three colors are ones that can be used on a day-to-day basis- there are no obscure, difficult colors in the set.

I also love the silky texture that these have; it is a similar texture to NARS' cream blushes. It is easy to apply but won't melt on your skin. 


Photobucket
With Flash: Copacabana, Orgasm, South Beach


Photobucket
Without Flash: Copacabana, Orgasm, South Beach

The only thing I do not like about this product, is the price. Luckily, with the F&F sale, I saved a bit on the $40 retail price. Still, these sticks are only 0.14 oz each, which is a tad less than the typical lip balm- in fact, they are rolled up in the photo as far as they will go, and I have just tried them each once! So in nutshell, they average at about $13 for each- yikes!

Overall, the formula plus the convenience of having a lip, eye and cheek product in one container could ultimately make it worthwhile for you, as it was for me. However, if you are looking for a (much) cheaper version of these, I like Flirt! Big Deal Lip & Cheek Tint (my fave shade? The gold-hued Sheer Genius)! 

Enjoy!

No comments: