Lipsticks: I bought Metal Maven and Riveting l/s, though all 4 lipsticks are totally gorgeous!
- Bubbles (which I bought last year), is a soft iridescent highlight color, and looks just like the name: like a bubble! It is a glaze, but the payoff is somewhere between a glaze and frost- not frosty by any means, but not invisible like a lot of glazes!
- Metal Maven is a pure frosty silver. It is a more intense version of Bubbles. In fact, I was remarking that they could be dupes for each other- not exact, but maybe the most similar of MAC colors. I love the payoff of Metal Maven, and I think it is very unique!
- Riveting is a hard color to describe- kind of a plummy taupe. Once again, it is a glaze, but the payoff is fantastic. This reminds me of High Top from Fafi, without the blue sparkle that High Top has. It is gorgeous applied; in fact, the MA was wearing this with Bubbles on top to highlight and it was a perfect, wearable combo! I have very pigmented lips, and this looks great over them.
- Finally, Show Orchid is a very vibrant hot pink. It is a PRO color, so its payoff is naturally very rich. I think that in the realm of pinks, it is pretty much perfect. I can't wait to eventually get my hands on it!
l to r: Riveting, Metal Maven
l to r: Show Orchid and True Babe l/g
top to bottom: Show Orchid, True Babe, Riveting, Metal Maven, Bubbles (on the side)
- Rock Out is a sparkly shimmery silver gloss. It has impressive color payoff and could easily be worn alone, or on top of another lipstick. It can add some oomph to Metal Maven (which I think it needs), or over a brighter color like Show Orchid for a little more depth.
- True Babe is a very opaque, creamy hot pink. I have to say, this is one of the more unusual lipglass from MAC. They generally tend to be on the sheer side, and have some shimmer, but this has neither. It looks kind of like how I imagine those OCC Lip Tars to be. I love this color, I just couldn't buy the whole collection so I had to resist it. :(
Blushes: Both of these have amazing color pay-off.
l to r: Full Fuschia, Dirty Plum
- Dirty Plum is a plummy purple satin blush, very intense but if you want purple blush, this is the one! I am waiting for it in the Liberty of London collection but it is gorgeous.
- Full Fuschia is also really intense, nothing I would personally wear, but if you want very solid pink blush, then you will like this!
Nail Lacquers: I am not a fan of matte nail polish, and the color selection was not very unique. The taupe looks like the Jacques (sorry I can't remember the full name) color from OPI, and the silver and black were...well, silver and black. So I skipped all of these.
Overall though, this a pretty collection. I think the main thing that impressed me is how "PRO" all the colors look and feel. They are all exceptional quality unlike a lot of the consumer-oriented collections that are released. This is for those who really like to experiment and express themselves boldly through their makeup.