Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Review: MAC Spring Colour Forecast Collection

Photobucket

Alright, I know this posting is a little late, and reviews/swatches are all over the web for this collection, but I really wanna share my thoughts because there's a lot of interesting items in Spring Colour Forecast. So, for what it's worth, here goes!

Overall, this collection is very pretty. It's huge, and hard to narrow down the best items. In fact, I was trying to get by spending only $100, but somehow my total surpassed $200! My head is still reeling about that. 

Here's what I got: 

-Ripe Peach Blush Ombre
Photobucket

Truly amazing! I wasn't even considering this color at first- because of the $25 price tag, I was trying to limit myself to just one of these blushes, but when I saw it, I was instantly sold. It is such a bright melange of color, from very light yellow-orange, to a bright coral-pink that reminds me a lot of Hipness blush (Fafi). Mix the two and you have a beautiful coral color, like a more intense Fun 'N Games blush (Hello Kitty). Sadly, this color is sold out almost everywhere, so if it is still available near you, get it- quickly!
Photobucket


-Vintage Grape Blush Ombre
Photobucket

For a while I've been interested in purple blush, so this was a nice treat. At its darkest, it is a dirty plum, at it's lightest a bright violet fuschia. I think this color takes a little caution in applying as it is pretty dark, but if you use a nice fluffy blush (think MAC 150), and a light hand, it will look great on all skintones.

Photobucket

-Azalea Blossom
Photobucket

My MA suggested this one was going to be one of the first items to sell out, and I didn't want to regret getting it later (ah the curse of LE collections!), so I went back the next day for it. Swatched anywhere it, shows up a pretty pale pink, sometimes with a hint of violet. One of my all-time favorite blushes is Well-Dressed, and this color is very similar. I love a good pale pink. It also reminds me of So Sweet, So Easy cremeblend blush in powder form, of course.

-Quad 3 (Purple Quad)
Photobucket

This is now my 3rd purple quad, and now I have to say it is probably also my favorite purple quad. The thing I love about it is the great mix of textures- they're not all matte, but not too much shimmer too. Mink Pink is a beautiful color; I only wish it were a matte not a veluxe. Veluxes feel like a piece of chalk, and I shudder at that feeling. :P Bruised Plum is much more on the purple side than most swatches look. It is a beautiful shimmery color. Black Tulip is a standard color, not too exciting but complements the quad well. Jungle Moon has a traditional MAC matte texture that is a little chalky and uneven but is definitely workable. All together, they make a gorgeous eye!

Photobucket
l to r: Mink Pink, Bruised Plum, Black Tulip, Jungle Moon

Coral Eyeshadows
Photobucket

Nanogold
Photobucket

I have this already in the Spiced Chocolate Quad, but I do use it quite a bit, so I didn't think another could hurt. Plus, it goes so well with all the coral e/s (and I bought them all!). The color payoff is pretty good, though it is a naturally light, iridescent color. It's a lustre, but a good one. The only bad thing about this color is that it ends up all bumpy after a few uses. It's just something to do with its texture and the way it is produced, but it looks fug in the pot. Good thing is, it still applies normally.

Perky
Photobucket

At first I wasn't impressed with this color because it looks a lot like Soft Lust (Ungaro) or Sushi Flower. However, this color has great color pay off, which is unlike other similar colors. It applies smoothly and beautifully. 

Straw Harvest

Photobucket

Unique color, looks just like its name-- like straw. It looks in the pot like Evening Aura e/s, but when applied it seems to look more like Flip e/s. The only thing is, the texture, though it's supposed to be a Veluxe Pearl, it feels more like a Frost. Not super smooth, but workable.

Hot Hot Hot

Photobucket

It's hard to compare this color to anything because it's truly unique. Some people have compared it to the inside of a pink grapefruit, and I agree, though I'd say it's maybe a tad darker. I think it completes the coral look beautifully. The texture is great, payoff is great. In the entire SCF collection, it could very well be the must-have.

Photobucket
l to r: Nanogold, Straw Harvest, Perky, Hot Hot Hot

Lipsticks:

Color Me Coral
Photobucket

I wasn't going to get this, but after swatching it I thought it looked like a very pretty frosty beige peach. However, it is very frosty, and I am kind of regretting getting it. My advice: try it on the lips before buying!

Bubblegum
Photobucket

This doesn't look exactly like bubblegum, but it's pretty nonetheless. It's a glaze but with good color payoff, so you may really like it if you like a good fuschia-pink. 

Victorian
Photobucket

This is like Lollipop Loving with a little more pink and pigmentation in the mix. It's surprisingly not too frosty though- at first I was very surprised to learn that it was a frost, as I thought it was a lustre. It was the first one to catch my eye as far as lipsticks go! 

Photobucket
l to r: Bubblegum, Victorian, Colour me Coral

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too wasn't considering getting Ripe Peach Blush Ombre but my mind says 'GET IT BEFORE IT'S GONE!!' lol I'm loving this collection very much!