Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Review: Bare Escentuals 'Flawless Radiance'

Photobucket

So, BE recently held a 20% off sale, which prompted me to stock up on a couple of my favorite BE products. In addition, I picked up 'Flawless Radiance', a highlighter-type product, described to give you a "gentle luminosity and the appearance of a naturally flawless complexion". Well hey, I'd love to have flawless skin- real or not!- so I thought why not?

What's the verdict? Keep reading to find out!




Just like the rest of the BE line, Flawless Radiance is a loose powder packaged in a sifter jar. It's fairly decent-sized, not as big as a full-size jar of foundation, but at the rate of using this, this will get you pretty far.

Photobucket

It is an ivory-colored powder, that blends down to a shimmery, reflective translucent powder.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Even though the idea is great, I find that this product is a bit unnecessary in my daily routine. Since I use MSFs for a bit of highlight, this is redundant. In fact, here I am wearing it, and it basically looks like I have butter face. :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's not terrible I suppose, but it's kind of a little more shiny than I prefer. But, I do think that in certain situations, if you're looking to add a soft glow to the skin, this would be a worthwhile product.

What do you think? What is your favorite highlight product? 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

It looks great but then again I do like glowy skin - I havent seen this one before so will have a look for it :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE the product on your face.. I noticed the only comment was in 2010 and it is now July 2015 and products that create a "radiance' to the face are very much in. I don't like the idea of my face shining as if its covered with glitter but have tried this product , (just a very small dusting over my daily make up routine), in all of the right places of course and love the natural shine it gives your face.. More of a glow than a "butter look" or glowing face,.. It's more of a subtle natural glow like we all had in our youth to me.. I'll have to read your other posts to see if you have posted what type of foundation you are wearing.. It looks perfect and flawless.. As for high end products, I have Kat Von D and Laura Mercier's old formulation of foundation which EVERYONE loved and they changed it in late 2014.. Everyone is hating the change too.. Laura Mercier's old version is so perfect and flawless