Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Review: MAC Dazzle Lipsticks + 'Boys Go Crazy' Dazzleglass

Photobucket

Hi everyone! In celebration of Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale, MAC has released 13 "Dazzle"-finish lipsticks. I liked the idea of sparkly, dazzly lips, so I picked up four of these: Win-Win, Liquid Lurex, Hellraiser and Glaringly Hip. Keep reading for pics and my thoughts!

Bonus: I have quickly reviewed 'Boys Go Crazy' d/g at the bottom of this post too! 
First, my overall thoughts: These are definitely a unique formula- I can't think of any lipstick that boasts glitter. They are a mix of glaze and frost formulas with tons of glitter! The glitter can be felt if you try really hard, but it's not rough at all. Some of them apply a little unevenly, but nothing too inconvenient- and it definitely varies from shade to shade. And, they are kinda sheer so layers are required for a more intense look. The glitter is very noticeable when on the lips, and almost creates a "vinyl" or wet appearance which just looks really cool! I like that they really deliver on the glitter, unlike dazzleglass, which look great in the tube but don't really shine on the lips. 

Photobucket
^^Win-Win is a light (but on the bright side) pink. It is pretty, but a little brighter than I had hoped for.


Photobucket
^^Liquid Lurex is a gold with flecks of orange and white glitter and maybe some other colors? It almost has a greenish cast to it. It is a bit sheer, so I tend to think of it as a sheer layer of shimmer when applying. I have heard people comparing this to Vex eyeshadow, and I would agree that is quite similar.

Photobucket
^^Hellraiser is plummy purple with blue glitter. It looks a LOT like High Top from Fafi, but is a bit lighter in color. I love this color a lot- it applies the most evenly, and is most vinyl-y of the bunch. As you can see from the pictures, I couldn't wait to wear it, so I have used up a lot of it! 


Photobucket
^^Glaringly Hip is a peach with pink sparkles. It reminds me of Motif eyeshadow with the peach/pink duochrome. It is a gorgeous soft color, although it is one of the colors that I have had the most difficulty applying without cakeyness/unevenesss. But, if you use 1-2 coats it's not bad at all!

Here are some swatches:
Photobucket
l to r: Win Win, Liquid Lurex, Hellraiser, Glaringly Hip

Photobucket
l to r: Win Win, Liquid Lurex, Hellraiser, Glaringly Hip

Photobucket
l to r: Hellraiser, High Top Fafi

Photobucket
l to r: Hellraiser, High Top Fafi

Photobucket
^^ The aftermath when I tried to wipe the swatches away with a wet wipe! It took a Clorox wipe to rid myself of the glitter :)

Now, for 'Boys Go Crazy' Dazzleglass. I haven't bought a dazzleglass for well over a year, mostly because I realized that, as beautiful as they are, they are a horrible deal for the amount of product you get. However, BGC is just simply too stunning to pass. It is definitely sheerer than in the tube, but when worn over the right lipstick, it is gorgeous.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

What do you think of the new 'Dazzle' lipsticks from MAC? 

No comments: