Saturday, July 31, 2010

Review: MAC 'Dazzle' Lipsticks Part II

Photobucket

Ok so the day after I posted my Dazzle lipsticks, I received 2 more in the mail: Smash Hit and Sweet Bits (which I get those names mixed up sometimes- like Smash Bits and Sweet Hit haha- they're kind of similar!). Anyways, to check them out, continue reading!




Photobucket
l to r: Smash Hit, Sweet Bits


Smash Hit is a cream/ivory white with orange and pink duochrome glitter. It reminds me a lot of Tanarama lipstick, and is also pretty similar to Liquid Lurex but far less gold. It applies fairly sheerly like Liquid Lurex, so I don't think it is necessary to have both.

Sweet Bits is lavender with silver sparkle. It is like Fashion Mews on glitter crack :) The formula is one of the smoother ones- applies perfectly and I love lavender lips so I couldn't skip this one!!

Swatches:
Photobucket
l to r: Smash Hit, Sweet Bits

Also as I showed in my first post, the glitter residue is crazy- like when I tried to wipe away the swatches  on my hand, it left tons of glitter on my arms, which I decided would be handy if you were going clubbing Ke$ha style and needed some impromptu glitter? :D

No but I after collecting 6 of these, I have decided that they are fun for the rare occasion, but you really don't need 6 of these- one, maybe two will definitely suffice! I also realized I only got light colors, so maybe if you get 1 darker color and 1 lighter one, you are covering your bases pretty well.

Oh and I forgot to mention that these are being released MAC-wide on August 5, so if you don't have a Nordstrom near you, you still can pick them up!

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THey look pretty. I like the pinky one