Friday, November 5, 2010

Review: Eyeko Nail Polishes

Photobucket

I have been dying to try Eyeko products for a while now, so you cannot believe my excitement when I received an email with a 30% off offer from eyeko.com! Because they are a London-based company, it is usually costly to order internationally. However, with 30%, it made it worthwhile to try some products that I've heard a lot about. Did they live up to my expectations? Keep reading!

PS- Receive a free gift with your Eyeko purchase when you use code E12252 at checkout :)


So first off, this is what I ordered:
Photobucket
-Eyeko Cream (review coming soon!)
-Liquid liner in purple (review coming soon!)
-8 (!) Nail polishes
...plus free int'l shipping all for the price of $40. Not bad, right?!

I also expected my order to take a while, coming from the UK and all (they even advised that it could take up to a month), but in fact, it all arrived in less than a week's time!

Eyeko's nail polishes are mostly unique shades such as blues, camo green, etc. I am a sucker for "different" nail polish colors, so these are right up my alley!

They retail for $5.50 a piece, but you can usually get them in sets that are discounted a bit. They are also a bit smaller than your average nail polish- here is one compared to a China Glaze bottle:
Photobucket

However, that's not necessarily a bad thing- how often do you run out of a crazy colored nail polish, when you have over 50 different colors in your stash? :) I mean, it happens sometimes, but usually one or two manicures is all I end up using from a color before I pass on to the next. So, the size keeps the cost down and gives you enough to get your fill.

Well, here are the colors I got, along with a nail swatch. I didn't do the whole hand because I have just recently been wearing acrylic nails and didn't want to take polish remover to them so much in one sitting, if that makes sense. But I think my swatches are pretty representative of each color anyways :)

Photobucket
^^ Pretty Polish is a light taupe. It reminds me of OPI's You Don't Know Jacques, except a couple shades lighter. Very pretty, very simple.

Photobucket
^^ Nude Polish is a pearly, shell pink. It is sheer in the swatch because I only used one coat; however, it is certainly buildable. Not the most original color ever, but still pretty.

Photobucket
^^ Rain Polish is a sky blue with a slight pearl sheen. It is a fun color, one that I don't see all that often.

Photobucket
^^ Vintage Polish is a light mint green, akin to MAC's Peppermint Patti. I never get sick of mint green polish, it's just fun! One coat was used here; it is definitely buildable.

Photobucket
^^ Lilac Polish is exactly that: Lilac lavender in color! This is a cream base, but again, a color I feel I've seen before.

Photobucket
^^ Military Polish is a deep camo green. I can't think of ever seeing a color like this, and well, camo is in right now, so why not have it on the nails too? This was one of my favorites from the bunch.

Photobucket
^^ Cosmic Polish is a deep navy blue with multi-colored glitter. It is hard to see in the photo, but the glitter is very prominent. I really like this one- a little bit on the runny/streaky side, but a couple of coats, and you're golden.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the quality of these polishes. Beautiful colors, unique packaging and affordable to suit!

Rating: Go For It!

No comments: