Monday, October 27, 2008

FOTD: Halloween + Cleopatra = Love


Well, since we still have two major holidays before Christmas, I figured I've gotten a little too ahead of myself, and so here I am, backing up a little to enjoy Halloween, which is in just a few days! 
The look I've chosen today is Cleopatra, inspired by MAC's Alexander McQueen collection, one that was released about 1 year ago. Now you will have to forgive me, because this was a spur of the moment thing I decided to do, so I have barely any face makeup on, so I'm sorry if my skin looks grotesque- believe me, it feels even worse! I need a shower. :) Anyways, here is the promo image I was going for:
And, here are a few photos of my rough re-creation: 




What I used:
(all are MAC products)

Eyes:
Otherwordly Paint Pot (McQueen LE)
Haunting Eyeshadow (McQueen LE)
Blacktrack Fluidline
Plushlash Mascara in Black


Lips:
Fleshpot Lipstick
Prr Lipglass

Face:
Fix+ over a bit of powder 
Solar Riche Bronzing Powder

Tips for Creating this Look:
-Try using a regular eyebrow pencil to first shape your eyebrows as desired. I made mine a little thicker than usual, and doing this first helps to figure out what areas need to painted.
-If you don't have the McQueen paint pots, paint pot in another color will create the same look. An eyeshadow over a paint pot will probably look fine, and allow you to even the color a little better.
-The original image calls for Masque lipstick- if you don't have Masque, you can try a mix of Viva Glam II and Myth, or like me, just use a fleshy color lipstick with a rosy/pink lipglass.
-Some dramatic false lashes would look STELLAR with this! I think I might pick some up, if I decide to do this for Halloween! :)


 


No comments: