Friday, May 14, 2010

Review: MAC Opulash Mascara

Photobucket

I'm not usually a fan of MAC mascaras. In fact, after last year's so-so Dazzlelash, I had pretty much planned on skipping all future MAC mascaras. So, I'm not really sure how I caved and bought Opulash, MAC's latest and more premium mascara. I am definitely a sucker for packaging, so it could've been the new chrome-looking tube. So what did I think?



Photobucket

Well, first off, this mascara is in a huge, full-size tube- much bigger than any other MAC mascaras, and for good reason: the brush on this thing is massive! I always thought Plush Lash's brush was big, but this one makes Plush Lash look whimpy. It's huge, similar to Dior Show mascara's wand.

Photobucket
l: Plush Lash r: Opulash

That said, it applies really quickly in one foul swoop. I love that it is so easy and quick to apply. It also does give considerable length and volume. Probably not the most that you'll ever get, but it is a very solid mascara. Unfortunately, that seems to be the trend with MAC mascaras: It's solid, but not mind-blowingly awesome.

I didn't take any pictures of it applied because I didn't really think those pics are super effective, or really show how it looks in real life.

My sister also picked this up, and I asked her what she thought. She says she doesn't like it as much as Plush Lash (which is her go-to mascara), mostly because of the brush- which tends to be one of the biggest parts of mascara. :D

Anyways, have you tried Opulash? What do you think?

2 comments:

Radiant Make Up said...

Hey,
Thanks for your lovely comment!
I use revlon colorstay in 110 ivory.
I've got the one for combination/oily skin and the one for normal/dry skin, the one for combination/oily skin is definately warmer (odd i know!)

Abby Q. said...

Hmm very interesting! I prefer the normal/dry formula i think. Well anyways thanks for responding! :)