Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Review: MAC 'Pret-A-Papier' Collection

Photobucket

I know this came out a while ago, but I wanted to share my goodies with you! I didn't get a chance to see this collection in the store, since I was moving, so I don't know if I can pass much judgment on all of the products I didn't buy, but these 3 things I got, I'm pretty pleased with.




I ended up with:
-Instant Chic Blush
-Chromographic Pencil in NC15/NW20
-Gazette Grey Eyeshadow

My goal was really to stick to a small list of things. I was very tempted to pick up some other eyeshadows (Memorabilia and Tissue Weight to name a few), but I am proud that I stuck to my list- it's something I'm trying to do, limit myself to 3 or 4 things MAX in a larger collection, 1-2 in a smaller one, or none if I am not interested at all. :)

I digress...

Photobucket

^^Instant Chic Blush- Of course, there was lots of hype about this blush, so I needed to grab one quickly, haha. But I really enjoy the color. It's like a corally pink, with just enough peach and pink. It's not orangey at all, and it applies lightly enough that you can really control the amount that you use. It is a sheertone finish, which can be good and bad. Good, because it's sheer or buildable. Bad, because if you really want a noticeable blush, you have to pack it on, and so you will hit the pan considerably quickly in relation to other finishes. But I really like this, it looks great on my fair, cool skintone.

Photobucket
Instant Chic swatched

Photobucket

^^Chromographic Pencil NC15/NW20- At first, I was like, "what the heck is this for" but when I realized it can be used to lighten the waterline, I was pretty intrigued. I didn't think I'd use it a whole lot, but already I've used it quite a bit. It's great for those days when you don't want to deal w/ black liner migrating to your under eye area! :) Also, it can be used for touch-up coverage, like around the nose, a small imperfection, etc.

Photobucket
Chromographic on waterline

Photobucket
Swatched on skin

Photobucket

^^Gazette Grey Eyeshadow- This is a unique color, probably the most unique in the collection. It is a green-grey, with gold sparkle. I love Velvet finishes, they're great for the crease. This one is impressively pigmented; I have no problem getting this to work with me. It's kind of hard to figure out what to use it with, as it is a bit lighter than I'd like for the crease. But, I do think there could end up being some really awesome looks with this color!

So, that's all folks, what did you get from Pret-A-Papier?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cydonian said...

Now I want that blush... thaaaaanks :)